Fri, 24 Feb|
WFT... Play Reading @ The Shed
Play reading of GUARDIAN ANGEL, by local author Gavin Williams. Initially inspired by the media’s sensationalist reporting of the horrific abduction and murder of Jill Meagher in 2012, and the vastly disparate reporting of the equally horrific murder of Tracey Connelly a year later
Time & Location
24 Feb, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm
Frankston, corner Overport Rd &, Somerset Rd, Frankston VIC 3199, Australia
About The Event
Samantha has just broken up with Rohan, her partner of six years, when she is suddenly and very publicly abducted. Rohan, who was struggling to deal with the breakup, instantly becomes the prime suspect. With the entire world watching, and with police, media and public scrutiny focused squarely on him, Rohan miraculously finds and rescues Samantha hundreds of kilometres away and is lauded worldwide as a hero. As the manhunt for Samantha’s captors intensifies, Rohan's rescue comes under scrutiny, as focus shifts to how Rohan could possibly be behind Samantha’s abduction, and whether or not a genuine miracle has actually taken place.
- Rohan Mitchell - Late 20s-Early 40s - Entitlement/controlling issues, struggling to come to terms with Sam's decision to leave.
- Samantha Greenaway - Mid 20s-Late 30s - Rediscovering her wings after freeing herself from a relationship that had passed its use-by date and had her feeling trapped.
- Louise Quon - Mid 20s-Late 30s - Best friend of both Rohan and Samantha. Trying to support/manage Rohan's behaviour as he deals with the breakup while also being excited for what the future may hold for Sam
- Detective Ella Mason - Mid 50s+ - Senior police detective with enough experience to know something is off with Rohan after Sam's disappearance.
- Constable Heath Swan - Early-Mid 20s - Young police officer still learning subtlety and the nuances of the job.